5 Perfect Places for an Amazing Caravan Hire in a Sunshine Coast HolidayLorry Washington | October 24, 2018 | 0 | Transport
Whether you are travelling alone, with your special someone, or with family and/or friends, a caravan hire Sunshine Coast adventure will be worth every second. The amazing views along this scenic route are enough reason to hire a caravan and hit the road. Add to that the natural attractions, laid-back lifestyle, convenient campgrounds, and a blossoming food scene, and you know an epic holiday awaits.
Of course, the awesome journey begins when you find caravan hire Sunshine Coast companies who offer comfortable and top-of-the-line models for an affordable price. For short or long-term rentals which provide the best of outdoor living and travel, check out luxurycaravanhire.com.au.
Next, you need to plan your itinerary. These top destinations are definitely worth a place on your caravan holiday trip.
1. Mooloolaba Beach
– About 15 minutes from the Sunshine Coast Airport and just around a one-hour drive from Brisbane.
– Relax on the 6th Best Beach in Australia (according to Tripadvisor) and hit one of the seafood restaurants so you’re fully charged for your caravan hire Sunshine Coast road trip.
2. Rainbow Beach
– Takes about 2 hours from Mooloolaba Beach on the M1.
– See for yourself how this beautiful spot got its name (clue: look at the cliffs).
– Keep an eye out for one of the many pods of dolphins who live here as you test the waters and your SUP (stand-up paddleboarding) skills.
– Enjoy spotting parrots, emus, marine animals, and other wildlife found in the Great Sandy Biosphere Reserve.
3. Fraser Island
– Travel takes four to five hours North from Rainbow Beach.
– Your Sunshine Coast caravan hire adventure won’t be complete if you miss visiting this UNESCO World Heritage destination. This is the largest sand island in the world, and “paradise” is just one of the many adjectives befitting its beauty.
– Visit one of the unspoiled lakes, such as the famous Lake McKenzie.
– Meet an abundance of sea life – turtles, dolphins, humpback whales, and sharks (bull, great white, and tiger).
– Get the chance to see an Australian dingo in the wild.
4. Noosa Everglades
– The drive is about 5 hours as you head back south from Fraser Island.
– Get a chance to visit one of only two Everglades in the world. Make your way through the narrow waterways on a kayak, paddleboard, or sailboat.
– Only 10 minutes away is Noosa Heads, the perfect spot to catch a wave (Noosa was recently declared as the newest World Surfing Reserve). What is a caravan hire Sunshine Coast holiday if you don’t get to test the surf?
5. Glass House Mountains
– Around an hour from the Noosa River.
– Put on your hiking boots and discover the trails which lead you to lush forests and sprawling farmlands.
– Pump up your adrenaline and go on an abseiling challenge.
– Drop by the Australia Zoo, home of Steve Irwin, the world-famous Crocodile Hunter. It is a wildlife conservation facility where you can get up close with the animals. Make sure to check out the Crocoseum and be ready to say “Crikey!”.
These amazing destinations will certainly give you unforgettable road trip stories. Indeed, an adventure via caravan hire in Sunshine Coast is an experience you’ll want to relive all over again.